Hello again lovely ones! It's fun to write for you all twice in one day!
So, there is a whole heap of action going on in the Sagittarius ruled parts of each of our chart as Venus, planet of love, beauty, socializing and abundance, moves into Sagittarius today where she will stay until December 24th.
Look at where you have Sagittarius ruling houses in your natal chart as well as any planets you have in Sagittarius as this will give you an idea of the areas of life which will be infused with Venusian energies (and generally speaking are getting a whole heap of cosmic action!)
If you haven't already, check out the chart calculator on the home page of the site to calculate yours (or someone else's!) chart to see where this transit is taking place in your life.
It's been approximately two years since Venus last visited this part of your chart and will another two years before she returns so it is advisable to make the most of this powerful transit!
Also, hopefully the energy of Venus helps to soften the current Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius and the last few weeks of Saturn's transit of Sagittarius as well as even bring some miracles our way!
As always, Soulstrology reminds us that there is shadow and light and duality to each planet and sign.
Here are the Soulstrology do's and don'ts for this Venus in Sagittarius transit.
- Lighten up Venus in Sagittarius encourages each of us to connect to our inner child and bring back playfulness into our love lives and socializing after an intense Venus in Scorpio transit. This transit encourages us to LAUGH.
- Freedom This placement and transit also asks us to consider how much freedom we give ourselves and others in our relationships. Unlike the previous transit of Venus in Scorpio this transit encourages love which allows the other person their autonomy.
- Travel. Sagittarius is the sign of the traveler and adventurer but Mercury is in retrograde so keep that in mind when it comes to travel plans but don't let it stop you, perhaps just keep a trip slightly nearer to home rather than involving air travel.
- Purchases which feed your mind and soul This placement encourages us to spend on things which educate us. A new book, investing in a course or workshop are all perfect. And even better to invest in something you can enjoy with a loved one (doesn't have to be romantic can be platonic)
- Be confusing Sometimes this transit can make people seem a little flighty when it comes to love going from hot to a bit cold. Be careful that your actions match your words and your intent (very on point for tomorrow's Full Moon too!)
- Be so blunt you are mean The shadow of Sagittarius is to say exactly what they think but this can be to the detriment of the person who is on the receiving end of their bluntness and to the detriment of a relationship. Nothing's a passion killer like hurt feelings so watch out for this!
- Be too idealistic. The shadow of Sagittarius is over idealizing a person and creating a pedestal from which they can fall. You can adore someone whilst maintaining the reality that they are human and flawed and that's ok!
- Lose your steam. Sagittarius gets very overexcited about things but then often doesn't follow through. Whether it's a romantic interest or a creative project, try to maintain your initial enthusiasm and let it fuel you into taking action.
Sagittarius/Sagittarius risings it's your time to enjoy what Soulstrology calls the Venus filter, with the cosmic goddess gracing your sun sign/rising sign, giving you that irresistible glow! Enjoy it!
Whatever your sign, you will be enjoying this transit somewhere in your chart, and therefore life.
Below is the Soulstrology guide for this transit for each sign indicating which areas of life will be experiencing this transit and the Venus filter.
Read for your sun and rising sign and don't forget to check which planets you have in Sagittarius.
Aries: Higher education, spirituality, foreign places or people, travel, legal matters, publishing
Taurus: Joint finances, sex, transformation and merging
Gemini: Close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic
Cancer: Daily lifestyle and routine. Health - mind/body/soul.
Leo: Love, dating, romance, fun, self-expression, creativity
Virgo: Home, domestic life. Who and what you consider home/family.
Libra: Your mind and communication and associated projects. Siblings, neighbors and your local community
Scorpio: Your personal finances and income, possessions, your values and self-esteem
Sagittarius: Your identity, appearance and how others view you
Capricorn: Healing, psychological matters, work you do behind the scenes/in private, secret projects
Aquarius: Friendships, groups and organizations. Your soul tribe. Your hopes, wishes and dreams for the future.
Pisces: Career, success, status and ambition. Your soul's legacy