Hello lovely ones and happy holidays!
I am preparing to sign off for the week as I get married (again!) and give my loved ones the best present of my presence....and soaking it all up in real life without being distracted by the online world, or indeed my phone!
Never fear I will be back again next weekend with Full Moon updates and more but in the meantime Venus, planet of love, beauty, socializing and abundance, moves into Capricorn on Christmas Day where she will stay until January 18th 2107.
Look at where you have Capricorn ruling houses in your natal chart as well as any planets you have in Capricorn as this will give you an idea of the areas of life which will be infused with Venusian energies (and generally speaking are getting a whole heap of cosmic action!)
If you haven't already, check out the chart calculator on the home page of the site to calculate your chart to see where this transit is taking place in your life.
It's been over 18 months/almost two years since Venus last visited this part of your chart and will be the same amount of time before she returns so it is advisable to make the most of this transit especially given that Saturn is now touring Capricorn for the next two and a half years so you can use the current Venus energy in the Capricorn ruled part of your chart to infuse this area of life with abundance, creativity, love, harmony and goodness!
As always, Soulstrology reminds us that there is shadow and light and duality to each planet and sign.
Here are the Soulstrology do's and don'ts for this Venus in Capricorn transit.
- Set goals Venus in Capricorn encourages us to be like the goat and to think about where we want to climb to, including in our relationship. It's a great time to think about your goals within the relationship and/or shared goals.
- Be practical This placement and transit also asks us to consider how well matched we are with our loved ones, or how our creative idea can be practically manifested. The opposite of Neptune which is romantic and idealistic about love and creativity this transit asks us to be practical about our love lives, whether that is a current relationship or love interest and our creative plans. Remember, logic and reason and practicality play just an important part in life as dreamy romanticism and fantasy!
- Manage your money. In line with the practical theme, Capricorn loves to save and Venus rules finances. Whether it's saving as a couple towards a joint goal, individual saving, or reducing debts (a form of saving!) get practical about money and get a handle on it through money management.
- Quality purchases which have lasting value This placement encourages us to spend with the motto quality over quantity. Venus in Capricorn shows discernment with purchases, opting for high quality items which have lasting value. In the age of zero waste adopt this attitude during this transit and beyond.
- Be emotionally distant A shadow of this placement is to be seemingly unemotional and with so much activity in the Capricorn ruled part of the zodiac we could find ourselves being a little cold. Watch out for this during this transit.
- Be too much of a loner Whether you're happily flying solo, looking for love or loved up, be mindful that there is a tendency during this transit to go inwards in a way that can make it hard for others (especially love interests) to connect to you. Watch out for this
- Be too career focused The light of Capricorn and Venus in Capricorn specifically is to be career and finance focused. As always there is shadow to light and the danger here is to be sooo career or finance focused that you don't make space for love, relationships and creativity. Balance ambition with relaxing a little and having fun on the journey and seeking a more well rounded life.
- Be afraid of spontaneity This placement likes to plan, plan, plan, but with all that planning one can miss out on spontaneous fun and joy. Allow yourself to say yes to a spontaneous night out or a seemingly out of the blue opportunity. It could bring you exactly what you want!
Capricorn/Capricorn risings it's your time to enjoy what Soulstrology calls the Venus filter, with the cosmic goddess gracing your sun sign/rising sign, giving you that irresistible glow! Enjoy it!
Whatever your sign, you will be enjoying this transit somewhere in your chart, and therefore life.
Below is the Soulstrology guide for this transit for each sign indicating which areas of life will be experiencing this transit and the Venus filter.
Read for your sun and rising sign and don't forget to check which planets you have in Capricorn.
VENUS IN CAPRICORN SOULSTROLOGY ZODIAC GUIDE
Aries: Career, success, status and ambition. Your soul's legacy
Taurus: Higher education, spirituality, foreign places or people, travel, legal matters, publishing
Gemini: Joint finances, sex, transformation and merging
Cancer: Close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic
Leo: Daily lifestyle and routine. Health - mind/body/soul.
Virgo: Love, dating, romance, fun, self-expression, creativity, children
Libra: Home, domestic life. Who and what you consider home/family.
Scorpio: Your mind and communication, your voice in all formats and associated projects. Siblings, neighbors and your local community
Sagittarius: Your personal finances and income, possessions, your values and self-esteem
Capricorn: Your identity, appearance and how others view you
Aquarius: Healing, psychological matters, work you do behind the scenes/in private, secret projects
Pisces: Friendships, groups and organizations. Your soul tribe. Your hopes, wishes and dreams for the future.