Today, September 5th, the same day that Mercury stations direct after his recent retrograde and the day of the Pisces Full Moon, Mars - planet of courage, ambition, action and leadership - the cosmic manifestor - moves into Virgo.
Mars is well placed in Virgo and this is a fantastic transit for taking practical steps which results in manifesting magic!
The fiery energy of the red planet goes well with the earthy, grounded energy of Virgo.
Virgo and Virgo risings, the next six weeks is a VERY powerful time for you as you have the cosmic manifestor and mover and shaker in your sign for the first time in two years.
Plus it's Virgo season with a powerful New Moon in Virgo coming up in a couple of weeks.
For those of you with your natal Mars in Virgo, you are experiencing your Mars return so it's also a super potent cosmic window for you as you sow the seeds for success over the next two years of your life.
See my earlier Ask Ambi Q+A (Mars Return) to understand what the return of Mars means for you, regardless of your Mars sign.
Whatever our zodiac sign, each of us has the ability to harness the power of this six week transit to take practical action in the Virgo ruled parts of our charts/lives which can help us manifest magic!
Although Mars in Virgo can be very positive and powerful for manifesting, as always there is a duality to all signs and transits.
Below are the Soulstrology Do's and Don'ts of this transit.
- Be humble. Mars in Virgo is about achieving through humble small steps. Humility comes from seeing what you want and realizing what you need to do to get to where you want to go!
- Be practical. Whatever sign you are adopt Virgo's attention to detail. This transit can help us be super practical and practical action = manifesting magic!
- Be efficient. In line with being humble and practical, Virgo is efficient. Efficiency is the product of humility and practicality. Efficiency also means we can manifest with ease.
- Be thoughtful and giving in love. Mars rules sex and Mars in Virgo is a transit that can result in the kind of considered love making that brings a different kind of bond between you and your lover. It's a grounded mixture of earth and fire.
- Criticize. Whether it is yourself or another. Mars in Virgo can have us noticing every little detail and becoming a nit picker. Find the balance between attention to detail and being a niggly nit picker, with yourself or others!
- Be anxious. The shadow of Mars is aggression, conflict and war. The shadow of Virgo is anxiety and the need to control. The combination can be explosive, in a bad way!
- Forget to have fun. With all the focus on achievement over this transit don't fall into the Virgo shadow of being all service/work and no fun.
- Be afraid of letting go. Virgo likes order and as per the don't above, Mars in Virgo can make us afraid of the lack of order and afraid to experiment (whether socially or in the bedroom) Make sure you don't fall into this slippery shadow.
Below is a Soulstrology guide for each sign (read for both your sun and rising sign) identifying the life areas that will be experiencing this Mars in Virgo transit.
- Aries: your daily lifestyle and routine, work and 'service' to others, your health - mind/body/soul
- Taurus: Your love life - romance/dating, fun, hobbies, self-expresion, creativity and children - whether yours or others, or your inner child.
- Gemini: Home - who, what and where means home to you, family, your childhood, the private/domestic you and your home life.
- Cancer: Your mind, communication, your 'voice' in all formats including related projects, neighbors, siblings, short trips
- Leo: Your personal income and finances, your possessions, your values (who and what you value in life) and self-esteem
- Virgo: Your identity, appearance, how others view you, autonomy and leadership.
- Libra: Healing, isolation, your subconscious mind/psychological issues, self-sabotage and hidden enemies, work you do in private/secret projects and closure/endings
- Scorpio: your tribe - friends, groups you belong to and causes you support, your soul tribe and your most cherished hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
- Sagittarius: career, ambition, goals, success and status, ultimately your soul's legacy.
- Capricorn: spirituality/religion/higher learning, teaching, publishing, foreign people and places and legal matters/justice
- Aquarius: joint finances (debts, loans, inheritances, investments, taxes) and projects, sex, merging and transformation.
- Pisces: close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic (covering friendships, mentors, bosses, business partnerships and marriage/serious relationships)