Hello lovely ones and happy Friday!
I hope you've all had a good week and the cosmos is treating you well.
If you're already tapping into next week's Full Moon Lunar eclipse, then join my club!
More on this next week... but for now let's turn to the Mars in Sagittarius transit which formally starts tomorrow, Saturday January 27th.
Fiery Mars in fire sign of Sagittarius is a potent placement which has a lot of power and energy with great manifesting potential.
It's timely that Mars moves into Sagittarius before eclipse season starts and will be there until almost the Spring Equinox, amping up the energy of the eclipses and giving each of us - regardless of our sign - the opportunity to make some big shifts in our lives.
If you have this placement in your natal chart (I do!) not only are you experiencing your Mars return which is a super potent cosmic window for you as you sow the seeds for success over the next two years of life and also hopefully find this particular Mars post useful for understanding yourself a bit better.
See my earlier Ask Ambi Q+A (Mars Return) to understand what the return of Mars means for you, (regardless of your Mars sign you can wait until your Mars return to use this information).
Remember regardless of where our natal Mars is placed this transit offers each of us a powerful energy to work with in the Sagittarius ruled parts of each of our charts (use the chart calculator on my site to work this out).
Soulstrology says that even though this particular Mars transit is powerful, it also has its pitfalls and we must harness the energies of the next six weeks carefully in order to make the most of the light of this transit without falling into the shadow.
Below are the Soulstrology Do's and Don'ts of this transit.
- See the glass as half full Mars in Sagittarius is optimistic and whilst this placement is always busy thinking about what they want to manifest next they pride themselves on what they have already achieved. This attitude of gratitude and positivity is infectious and fuels further manifesting. During this time make sure to pat yourself on the back for all you have achieved knowing this is an important part of manifesting.
- Take aim. The combination of Mars potent energy and the Sagittarius Archer's bow requires each of us to hone in on exactly what we want and to be very specific about where we are pointing our manifesting bows. Revise your manifestation lists and fine tune your goals so your bow is pointed more accurately at your heart's desire.
- Passion and humor The double fire combination is sizzling and makes for a passionate time in love affairs but with less intensity than the previous Mars in Scorpio transit. Think open minded pure passion with a dash of humor. Don't take sex too seriously (very Mars in Scorpio) rather have fun and make sure to laugh!
- Faith as your fuel This placement thinks big and is always looking to the bigger picture (there are some downsides to this as we will see below) but their manifesting fuel is their faith. They just believe that things will happen and the universe responds accordingly. Make sure to harness the energy to amp up your faith and self-belief. Practice some positive affirmations if necessary.
- Believe everything you think, or that others should The shadow of this placement is self-righteousness. Picking a moralistic stance and thinking that they are morally right and others should agree. Remember there are fifty shades or more of grey and everyone has their individual truth. Be mindful around debates surrounding politics, religion and certain social issues at this time and be wary of jumping on your high horse!
- Let your anger explode This placement has a tendency towards exploding if they do not channel their feelings (and specifically anger). During this transit you may find yourself more passionate about certain things and the energy of that passion can lead to anger. The antidote is to physically work through your feelings, usually through exercise.
- Overdo it by taking on too much Mars is all about manifesting and Jupiter ruled Sagittarius loves to think big. The downside of this can be scattering your energies by having too much on your to do list or your goals sheet. Reign yourself in and focus on one thing at a time, knowing that giving one thing your full attention will result in it manifesting and allowing you to move onto the next.
- Say everything you think Cringe cringe. When I was younger I used to do this ALL THE TIME. And it got me into lots of trouble (think major foot in mouth syndrome) and upset people (just because it is true, doesn't mean you have to say it!) Think before you speak and know that whilst honesty is the best policy sometimes buttoning it is actually more preferable.
Below is the Soulstrology Zodiac guide to this transit. Read for both your Sun sign and rising (if you know it)
SOULSTROLOGY MARS IN SAGITTARIUS GUIDE
Aries: Higher education, spirituality, foreign places or people, travel, legal matters, publishing
Taurus: Joint finances, sex, transformation and merging
Gemini: Close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic
Cancer: Daily lifestyle and routine. Health - mind/body/soul.
Leo: Love, dating, romance, fun, self-expression, creativity
Virgo: Home, domestic life. Who and what you consider home/family.
Libra: Your mind and communication and associated projects. Siblings, neighbors and your local community
Scorpio: Your personal finances and income, possessions, your values and self-esteem
Sagittarius: Your identity, appearance and how others view you
Capricorn: Healing, psychological matters, work you do behind the scenes/in private, secret projects
Aquarius: Friendships, groups and organizations. Your soul tribe. Your hopes, wishes and dreams for the future.
Pisces: Career, success, status and ambition. Your soul's legacy