Happy Sunday lovely ones!
I hope the New Moon treated you all well and you remembered to make a manifesting list focusing more on the internal, than the external...
We have a busy week coming up in the cosmos with the Spring Equinox (marking the beginning of Aries season) and the first Mercury retrograde of 2018.
I will be writing more about these aspect later this week, but for now, let's focus on the Mars in Capricorn transit which begins today and will continue until mid-May.
Mars is said to be exalted in Capricorn, making this an extremely powerful transit.
This is made EVEN MORE powerful by the combination of Pluto and Saturn both in Capricorn.
Some serious heavyweight cosmic action going on in the Capricorn ruled parts of our charts!
And this six week Mars in Capricorn transit can set us up for the remainder of the Saturn in Capricorn transit (Mars takes around two years to go through the entire zodiac).
This placement is exalted because it takes the best of Mars (ambition, drive, energy, autonomy) and fuses it with the best of Capricorn (discipline, structure, maturity) resulting in potent manifesting energies (yes, in spite of Mercury's retrograde!)
If you have this placement in your natal chart you will be experiencing your Mars return which (as I've mentioned before) is a super potent cosmic window as you sow the seeds for success to flower over the next two years of life.
If that is your natal placement you should find this particular Mars post useful for understanding yourself a bit better and how you pursue ambition.
See my earlier Ask Ambi Q+A (Mars Return you can search for it or scroll down) to understand what the return of Mars means for you.
As well as those with their natal Mars in Capricorn, Capricorn and Capricorn risings will also find this transit particularly powerful as Mars makes a connection to their sun sign (essence of who you are) and rising sign (identity, how others perceive you).
But regardless of where your natal Mars is placed, this transit offers each of us a powerful energy to work with in the Capricorn ruled parts of each of our charts which as we know are experiencing huge changes with heavyweights Pluto and Saturn hanging out there...
As always, there is a duality to this transit, with both shadow and light, magic and murkiness, so below are the Soulstrology do's and don'ts for this Mars in Capricorn transit to help you to make the most of it and bathe in the light of this celestial configuration.
Also make sure to read the Soulstrology zodiac guide at the bottom of this post so that you can see where this transit is taking place for your zodiac sign.
Read for your sun and rising sign and check any planets you have in Capricorn as they will be getting a nice boost from Mars!
- Be pragmatic about your ambitions Unlike the overenthusiastic (if I could insert a hand waving emoji here, I would!) energy of Mars in Sagittarius, this transit asks us to get very realistic about our dreams. Think, less is more...
- Plan The influence of Saturn in this transit asks us to pay attention to the smaller details. What are the small goals we need to achieve in order to manifest our dreams? And what is the timeline? Take the time to come up with a realistic plan during this transit.
- Work hard This transit encourages and rewards consistent hard work. Lay low, plot quietly, work hard and manifest fruitfully in time to come!
- Be low key Unlike other Mars transits, this Mars in Capricorn transit isn't about screaming our ambitions from the rooftops but rather is about knowing what we want and going after it with quiet determination.
- Be too hard on yourself, or others This placement can lead to taking life a little too seriously and as a result being a bit hard on yourself if you don't perform up to standards, or in some cases, being hard on others. Watch out for this tendency.
- Control your emotions Mars as we know, governs how we argue/fight/deal with conflict and in earthy Capricorn we may feel like we need to keep control of our emotions and bottle them up. This is unhealthy and can lead to passive aggressive behavior at best or at worst a mini explosion when things bottle up too much. Check in with yourself emotionally and don't try and micromanage how you're feeling.
- Forget to have fun With all the focus on ambition, remember that in between manifesting goals, is a thing called life, and it needs to be lived!
- Be too calculating Be mindful of the tendency of this placement which can make us assess the value of everything (and everyone!) based on material, tangible value. Make sure you bring your heart in to meet your head and be soulful in interactions with others.
SOULSTROLOGY MARS IN CAPRICORN ZODIAC GUIDE
Aries: Career, success, status and ambition. Your soul's legacy
Taurus: Higher education, spirituality, foreign places or people, travel, legal matters, publishing
Gemini: Joint finances, sex, transformation and merging
Cancer: Close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic
Leo: Daily lifestyle and routine. Health - mind/body/soul.
Virgo: Love, dating, romance, fun, self-expression, creativity, children
Libra: Home, domestic life. Who and what you consider home/family.
Scorpio: Your mind and communication, your voice in all formats and associated projects. Siblings, neighbors and your local community
Sagittarius: Your personal finances and income, possessions, your values and self-esteem
Capricorn: Your identity, appearance and how others view you
Aquarius: Healing, psychological matters, work you do behind the scenes/in private, secret projects
Pisces: Friendships, groups and organizations. Your soul tribe. Your hopes, wishes and dreams for the future.