Hello lovely ones and happy Thursday!
I hope the New Moon treated you well and you are enjoying the start to the new lunar cycle :)
Today, Venus moves into Leo where she will be for approximately three and a half weeks.
I set out at the bottom of this post the Soulstrology do's and don'ts of this transit as well as the Soulstrology zodiac guide which will tell you where this transit is taking place in your chart (remember to read for both your sun and rising sign if you know the latter).
Turning now to the Soulstrology theme of this particular Venus in Leo transit - to love our kingdom and to love all.
Soulstrology tells us that it is no coincidence that this Venus in Leo transit takes place during the Summer Solstice (for those of us in the Northern hemisphere) and when Mars turns retrograde in Leo's opposing sign of Aquarius.
In fact, at the Summer Solstice (June 21st - and for a day or so either side) there is an opposition between Venus in Leo and Mars in Aquarius.
An opposition is said when two opposing interests/themes clash.
Soulstrology tells us that an opposition aspect (whether in our natal chart or in transit) asks us to reconcile the energies between the two planets/their themes and the areas of life which are being transited.
Leo is the sign who loves love for the pure enjoyment and fulfillment of love, passion and romance, for one's own sake.
Leo loves loudly with the heart (this sign rules the heart) and therefore Venus in Leo is a very passionate, dramatic, loving, heartfelt placement and/or transit.
Leo is the sign of royalty - of our heirs - children and the next generation.
Leo loves in a regal manner but tends to focus this love on their immediate loved ones, their heirs - their 'kingdom' as such.
Aquarius loves differently than Leo - in a less emotionally attached, more aloof manner but that should not mean that we dismiss the love of Aquarius.
This sign is less ruled by the heart and more by intellect and the pursuit of freedom and fairness of all beings.
Aquarius is moved by the causes which benefit humanity and the greater good - this is love too - albeit a different kind of global love.
Soulstrology tells us that due to the Venus in Leo/Aquarius in Mars opposition which takes place at the Summer Solstice (where there is the maximum amount of light in the physical world and energetically) in order to make the most of this transit we ought to all be thinking about how we can love our 'kingdom' - which in fact means loving all.
Rather than being so focused on romantic love we must remember that we receive the love that we give and indeed the love that we are.
By being generous with our hearts (Leo) and loving all for the greater good (Aquarius) we will receive the maximum benefit from this transit, especially around the Summer Solstice when we can draw upon that light that exists and bring more of it into our lives.
Think - the more love I give - the more love I will receive - the more love I can share.
It may be that you already have romantic love in your life but if so this concept still applies to you in relation to the areas of life ruled by Leo in your chart.
Think of 'love' in this sense as miracles and manifestation - this is cosmic love in action!
How can you give love of sorts to all which will mean in turn that you receive cosmic love in the manifestation of your desires - meaning you have even more to share with others?
On a personal level I will tell you that the more I have shared and loved others and the more I have remembered that love is a verb that I must practice everyday, the more I have received for myself and the more I have been able to go onto share with others.
It's a win/win and is something I would encourage each of us as a cosmic tribe to do.
It's these kinds of shifts which many of us practice which will end up healing and transforming our beloved world.
So may it be.
Ps don't forget to read on for the Soulstrology do's and don'ts and zodiac guide to this transit!
- Love louder. Venus in Leo cannot hide their love. Like a King/Queen showing affection for their subjects, this placement loves loudly! Take a note out of Venus in Leo's book and love loudly, whether platonically or romantically, to ones you know or the world at large, just make sure your love is heard and felt.
- Let yourself be flattered/complimented. Whether by your other half/the object of your amour, or a stranger/passerby, allow yourself to bask in compliments and flattery just like Venus in Leo, who thrives off this.
- Light that fire baby. After an emotional Venus in watery Cancer, this Leo transit is about bringing fiery passion to your love life. So whether you're in a long term relationship or dating or just on the look out, connect to your inner fire and passion and infuse this into your romantic life.
- Enjoy the limelight. Whether that means making some of your dates/romantic activities a little more dramatic and/or just allowing yourself to shine in your personal/professional life, bask in the limelight just like the regal Venus in Leo!
- Be insecure. Venus in Leo needs so much attention that if they don't get it in sufficient amounts they can become very insecure and start growling. Watch for being overly needy of attention and resulting insecurity.
- Be too flashy. This transit can make us harness a little too much Leo drama and this can be reflected in our spending! Be generous, with yourself and others, but be mindful of being flashy. Remember, 'love doesn't cost a thing' (or it shouldn't!)
- Be boastful. This placement loves to tell everyone (particularly the object of their desire) how in demand they are and how fabulous they are! No-one likes a show off. Find balance between reveling in attention and being boastful about it...
- Be childish. This placement can bring out our inner child; in a bad way. Watch out for your inner five year old throwing a tantrum! Not so Venus in Leo regal!
Leo/Leo risings you can enjoy what Soulstrology calls the Venus filter, with the cosmic goddess gracing your sun sign/rising sign, giving you that irresistible glow.
Whatever your sign, you will be enjoying this transit somewhere in your chart and therefore life.
Below is the Soulstrology guide for this transit for each sign indicating which areas of life will be experiencing this transit and the Venus filter.
Read for your sun and rising sign and don't forget to check which planets you have in Leo.
Try and infuse these life areas with the light of Venus - think love, harmony, creativity, abundance!
SOULSTROLOGY VENUS IN LEO GUIDE
- Aries - love and romance, children - yours and/or others, fun, self-expression and creativity
- Taurus- who what and where you consider home, family, your childhood, domestic life
- Gemini - your mind, communication, your voice in all formats - including related projects, siblings, neighbors, short trips
- Cancer - your income, your possessions, your personal finances, your values (who and what you value in life) and your self-esteem
- Leo - your identity, the very essence of who you are, how people see you/your appearance
- Virgo - healing and hibernation, secrets, your subconscious mind, secret projects, what you keep hidden (including the hidden you) endings and completion
- Libra - your tribe, friendships, groups you belong to, causes you support, your most cherished hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
- Scorpio - success, career, ambition, your status, your public legacy
- Sagittarius - spirituality/religion/higher learning, legal matters, travel, foreign places and people
- Capricorn - joint projects and finances, merging, sex and transformation that comes through merging
- Aquarius - partnerships and close relationships of all sorts - romantic, platonic and professional.
- Pisces - your daily routine/lifestyle and health - mind/body/soul