Hello lovely ones and happy Tuesday!
As if we haven't got enough going on in the cosmos this week, this Thursday July 26th mischievous Mercury turns retrograde in Leo, just one day before a total lunar eclipse which is the longest lasting eclipse of the century.
Soooo, it's going to be an intense week and all I can recommend to you guys is what I do for myself.
I take extra good care of myself during intense cosmic times.
I hibernate (even more than usual!) and I make sure to meditate (get listening to those soundbaths with headphones on!) and exercise to let off any steam (particularly in nature which always grounds me).
But also, knowledge is power.
I think (hope!) you all know by now, that Soulstrology is all about cosmic consciousness and that by understanding cosmic activity we can adopt a consciousness which allows us to work with the cosmos for our highest good and the greater good.
So, let us dig deeper into this particular Mercury retrograde in order to understand what the cosmos is going to be throwing at us and how best we can work with these energies...
The Mercury retrograde takes place in fiery Leo, who in the natural zodiac rules the fifth house of true love, romance/dating, fun, self-expression, creativity and children - both our inner child and our own children/children we may have in our lives.
Therefore regardless of what sign we are, this Mercury retrograde may bring up these life themes for each of us, requiring us to review them (and hint, regardless of our relationship status - exes may resurface BIG STYLE during this Mercury retrograde).
You may have already experienced a taster of the Mercury retrograde as we are already well in the shadow period so retro issues may have already popped up.
Depending on what level of Soulstrology awareness you are you may want to take a look at your chart and see where you have between 11 and 23 degrees of Leo as these are the exact degrees of the retrograde and will show you exactly where the retrograde is taking place, as well as potentially planets which are in Leo between these degrees which will get 'pinged' by the retrograde.
Now there is no right or wrong, you do not HAVE to know these degrees of Leo in your chart in order to best navigate this Mercury retrograde.
It just depends on how deep you want to go and what resonates with your unique Soulstrology practice.
Remember, sometimes simple is best, no matter how advanced your astro knowledge is!
And as always, there is a Soulstrology zodiac guide (below) to tell you the life areas Mercury will be combing over during his retrograde to keep things simple for you!
Back to the details of this Mercury retrograde though.....
Guys, I am not going to mess around. It's an INTENSE one.
Why soooo intense you may ask?
Well, lets look at the aspects that surround this Mercury retrograde.
It starts one day before the total lunar eclipse, two weeks later the final 2018 eclipse (and the final solar eclipse in Leo for several years) is exactly conjunct Mercury in retrograde motion and during this Mercury retrograde and eclipse season, good ole Mercury will be making what is known as a grand cross formation (tension - major tension as it involves an opposition aspect and squares) between Mercury retrograde in Leo, Mars retrograde in Aquarius, Jupiter in Scorpio and Uranus in Taurus.
This particular Mercury retrograde undoubtedly has the potential for mayhem, but it has the equal potential for magic, true miraculous magic!
Because all the tension with this grand cross formation, and the game changers of eclipses are ultimately to birth a new chapter of life.
Tense aspects force an outcome, they force a 'result' of sorts and so too eclipses force endings and new beginnings.
Retrogrades bring back past issues or people for resolution, releasing or reconciling and often this results (all things RE a la mercury retrograde!) in magic and miracles.
But this can only happen if we allow ourselves to be fluid and flexible, to F L O W with the cosmos and what life throws at over the next few weeks rather than to be F I X E D in our response to seeming chaos.
A lot of the energies over the next lunar month - with Mercury retrograde, Mars retrograde, the Aquarius eclipse and the Leo eclipse and the grand cross - involve FIXED signs.
Fixed signs don't do well with change and the energies of the next month or so will make all of us - regardless of our zodiac sign - more 'fixed' in our approach.
This is what will make us feel stuck and frustrated over the next month and will stop us from flowing with the cosmos and life...
So, we need to let go and flow.....and trust.
More soon later this week on THAT Aquarius lunar eclipse.
Until then don't forget to listen to the Mercury Retrograde Soulstrology Soundbath.
SOULSTROLOGY MERCURY RETROGRADE IN LEO ZODIAC GUIDE
- Aries - love and romance, children - yours and/or others, fun, self-expression and creativity
- Taurus- who what and where you consider home, family, your childhood, domestic life
- Gemini - your mind, communication, your voice in all formats - including related projects, siblings, neighbors, short trips
- Cancer - your income, your possessions, your personal finances, your values (who and what you value in life) and your self-esteem
- Leo - your identity, the very essence of who you are, how people see you/your appearance
- Virgo - healing and hibernation, secrets, your subconscious mind, secret projects, what you keep hidden (including the hidden you) endings and completion
- Libra - your tribe, friendships, groups you belong to, causes you support, your most cherished hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
- Scorpio - success, career, ambition, your status, your public legacy
- Sagittarius - spirituality/religion/higher learning, legal matters, travel, foreign places and people
- Capricorn - joint projects and finances, merging, sex and transformation that comes through merging
- Aquarius - partnerships and close relationships of all sorts - romantic, platonic and professional.
- Pisces - your daily routine/lifestyle and health - mind/body/soul