Hello lovely ones and happy Monday!
I hope this finds you well and coping with the mass retro and eclipse season....argh!
We have another due to go retrograde this week - rebellious, innovative, game changer Uranus.
More on that soon... but first off on tomorrow's cosmic activity which sees Venus move into Libra where she will be until September 9th.
I set out at the bottom of this post the Soulstrology do's and don'ts of this transit as well as the Soulstrology zodiac guide which will tell you where this transit is taking place in your chart (remember to read for both your sun and rising sign if you know the latter).
Turning now to the Soulstrology theme of this particular Venus in Libra transit - 'love is being at peace, with yourself and others'.
Libra is the sign of balance, harmony, peace and in the natural zodiac governs relationships of all sorts.
This is the sign who desires life to be harmonious and peaceful and pleasant.
This sign aims to be pleasing to others (sometimes admittedly to a fault of being a people pleaser!)
It is powerful that Venus has moved into Libra during Mercury retrograde, a mass retrograde and in the thick of eclipse season as she brings all of these qualities to us over the next three weeks of her transit which will (hopefully!) help this eclipse season be a bit calmer and more peaceful.
As you've probably heard me say before, love and money are for many people two of the most challenging areas of life.
We want these energies in our lives and we often exert a lot of effort in order to have abundance or love (often in the form of a certain relationship).
With all that effort (and often anxiety!) it follows that we are rarely at peace with ourselves regarding the sticky matters of love and finances.
And as a result we can often find our relations with others less than harmonious.
Inner peace and self-love (both Libra themes) are the keys to achieving anything worth having in life.
When we are at peace and can love ourselves we can truly enjoy peaceful, loving relations with others.
But how we go about seeking both does not always serve our goals.
Mercury retrograde, mass retrogrades and eclipse season are throwing up all kinds of cosmic shit storms.
These celestial storms are here to shift our consciousness and how we think and behave.
As a result of shifting our consciousness we will be able to shift our reality.
At this time of cosmic discombobulation we are asked to adopt the energies of this Venus in Libra transit.
To do this means applying the Soulstrology theme of this Venus in Libra transit to our relationship with ourselves, others and money....
Check in with yourself even as you read this, what comes up for you?
How does your body react when you think about money? Or relationships of all sorts? Or a particular relationship? Or a relationship you want to have?
And when you look at yourself in the mirror each morning how do you truly feel about yourself?
Are you at peace? Do you unconditionally love yourself?
As human beings we want to manifest certain things emotionally, creatively or financially (all the domain of Venus) yet if we are not at peace and coming from a place of love and trust, then our plans often flail.
We need to adopt the light of Libra - the calmness, the balanced, grounded, loving and peaceful approach to life.
We need to adopt these traits with regards to all our relationships (and yes including of course our love lives -whether we are single or coupled up), our finances and creative projects.
As you all know by now eclipses may throw a curveball at us but that is not something we can control.
What we can control is our reaction.
The truth is hard to be peaceful when the rug is pulled out from underneath us or something happens with regards to relationships or finances which sends us spiraling into fear.
But this is what we need to do.
I will never ever forget the end of one of the worst years of my life, when I (thought) I was finally ending it on a happier note, heading off to spend Christmas with my then boyfriend and his family in the mid West (after which we were headed off on holiday to Tulum) and receiving a call informing me that my freelance work was being terminated (literally the day before Christmas).
This was the straw on the camel's back which really broke me in every way in a year when I had experienced great professional, financial, personal, physical challenges - you name it, it happened to me that year!
Naturally I lost the plot but even whilst losing the plot I could hear a quiet voice saying - this is meant to happen, you can't control it, you need to find peace with it.
I cannot say I handled it as well as I could have done, but in time, I found peace in spite of the financial and relationship challenges that this created.
And now, when the poop hits the fan (which it still does, I certainly don't have a perfect, stress free life) I always come back to this consciousness.
How can I be at peace in spite of what is happening around me?
How can I love myself during this challenging time even when events are making me question my worth?
How can I be at peace and loving towards others in spite of circumstances?
How can I adopt love consciousness (which in truth is faith consciousness, trust) as opposed to fear?
So now, over to you guys.
How can you be at peace, trusting and loving hard on yourself and loving and peaceful with others in spite of circumstances?
How can you adopt love and faith consciousness when it comes to finances and abundance?
How can you transform your consciousness and therefore an area of life?
Soulstrology do's and don'ts and Soulstrology zodiac guide to this transit below.
Sending you all love and will be back tomorrow with your Uranus retro blog.
- Harmonious relations Venus in Libra encourages us to show our love by bringing harmony to all of our relationships. Whether romantic, platonic or professional, aim to infuse harmonious energies into all your close relationships.
- Wave the peace flag This placement and transit is also one of peace. So if you've had conflict in any close relationship this is a great time for resolution, and where appropriate, to kiss and make up!
- Partnering up. Libra is the sign of the scales and the concept that it takes two to tango. It's a great time to think about formalizing partnerships of all kinds and if you are dating to consider officially becoming a couple.
- Purchase items of beauty. This placement encourages us to spend on items which bring more beauty into our lives. Whether that is spending on make-up, skin care, or clothes, or art, shop or purchase items which bring more beauty into your life. Just avoid purchasing technology until the end of this transit - because, Mercury!
- Be co-dependent Venus in Libra places so much emphasis on the other that it can lead to co-dependency. Remember that co-dependency is not limited to romantic relationships. Strive for balancing the scales and making sure all close relations have healthy boundaries.
- Be superficial. This placement can have us being a little superficial in an attempt to keep things harmonious and easy and refuse to see what lies beneath the surface. Unfortunately glossing things over can have us regretting things at a later date. Watch for where you may be superficial in your relations with others, ultimately at your own expense and indeed the expense of the relationship.
- Be too beauty obsessed. This placement places such a strong value on beauty that just as above it can have us being a little too superficial. Remember that beauty is only skin deep and that what lies beneath will shine through the outer surface and is as important, if not more so!
- Be a spendthrift This placement can lend to us liking to splash the cash on any pretty item that catches our eye. Try and curb any overspending and see if you can enjoy visual beauty in another way - going to an art show, gallery, museum, being in nature etc
Libra/Libra risings you can enjoy what Soulstrology calls the Venus filter, with the cosmic goddess gracing your sun sign/rising sign, giving you that irresistible glow! Enjoy it!
Whatever your sign, you will be enjoying this transit somewhere in your chart, and therefore life.
Below is the Soulstrology guide for this transit for each sign indicating which areas of life will be experiencing this transit and the Venus filter.
Read for your sun and rising sign and don't forget to check which planets you have in Libra
Try and infuse these life areas with the light of Venus - think love, harmony, creativity, abundance!
SOULSTROLOGY VENUS IN LIBRA ZODIAC GUIDE
- Aries - partnerships and close relationships of all sorts - romantic, platonic and professional.
- Taurus - your daily routine/lifestyle and health - mind/body/soul
- Gemini - love and romance, children - yours and/or others, fun, self-expression and creativity
- Cancer who what and where you consider home, family, your childhood, domestic life
- Leo - your mind, communication, your voice in all formats - including related projects, siblings, neighbors, short trips
- Virgo- your income, your possessions, your personal finances, your values (who and what you value in life) and your self-esteem
- Libra - your identity, the very essence of who you are, how people see you/your appearance
- Scorpio - healing and hibernation, secrets, your subconscious mind, secret projects, what you keep hidden (including the hidden you) endings and completion
- Sagittarius - your tribe, friendships, groups you belong to, causes you support, your most cherished hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
- Capricorn - success, career, ambition, your status, your public legacy
- Aquarius - spirituality/religion/higher learning, legal matters, travel, foreign places and people
- Pisces - joint projects and finances, merging, sex and transformation that comes through merging