Hello lovely ones and happy almost New Moon!
The New Moon arrives tomorrow Tuesday 15th May 2018 (4.48am PT, adjust for your timezone) and falls at 24 degrees of Taurus.
Go online (we are still trying to find a new chart calculator that is compatible with the site) and calculate your chart to see where this New Moon falls in your unique chart.
Remember, you will be trying to see where 24 degrees of Taurus is precisely (as that is the exact degree of this New Moon) but you also want to see generally where Taurus rules in your natal chart
*Remember, Soulstrology 101 - our natal chart is based on the exact time of birth (and therefore lets us know our rising sign) and our solar chart is based on our sun sign alone, so we don't need the exact time of birth to calculate our solar chart. However in an ideal world, we will know both our natal chart (and therefore our rising sign) as well as our solar chart*
Now sometimes we can have one sign influencing two different houses in our natal charts.
For example I have both Taurus and Gemini ruling my 10th house and this New Moon falls exactly on my 10th house (right on my moon and Jupiter!!) but I know that Taurus also rules most of my natal 9th house so when I look at this New Moon and all the themes I will be applying it to both my 9th and 10th house (based on my natal chart) and my sixth house (based on my solar chart and my sun sign of Sagittarius).
Also remember that just as I have pointed out above, using myself as an example, we also need to see what specific planets may be triggered in our charts.
You can use a 3 degree range here.
So if for example you have any planets that are between 21 to 27 degrees of Taurus they will be close enough to this New Moon to be triggered by them!
Ok, so itty bitty details and practical logistics over (I hope that's all clear and try not to stress if it confuses you, it's more important that you work with the general consciousness and in time you will learn your chart so what I tell you is easier to follow!) let us turn to this New Moon, the move of Uranus into Taurus so soon thereafter (same day in some parts of the world, the next day in others) and what it all means...
As per the title of this blog, Soulstrology tells us that this New Moon ushers in the start of a new era for each of us, which can be whatever we want it to be.
It literally is like a fresh slate and a blank canvas which is super exciting.
However, given that Uranus is the cosmic change agent and disruptor, this fresh start could involve lots of disruption and upheaval, but all with a purpose, the purpose of liberating us and setting us free to embrace the future that is our destiny.
The planet Uranus literally sits on a tilt (his axis is on a strange tilt compared to other planets) and he is known as the father of electricity given that electricity was discovered/invented in the same year as Uranas was discovered.
Uranus is therefore associated with genius innovation but also with upset, sudden change, lightning strikes which can cause trees to be felled.
Literally, lightning is a physical manifestation of Uranus and I have heard from some of you that you have experienced lightning or lightning and/or Thunder are due this week where you live, which is incredibly synchronistic and no cosmic coincidence!
Uranus is progressive, innovative and a liberator but by tilting us into our future, he often brings great disruption to our lives.
I always say that some Uranus transits are like having the rug pulled from underneath your feet leaving you a little too close to the floor for comfort, often having lost your dignity whilst falling flat on your face (hmmm, memories...!)
However this pushing is not a punishment. This pushing is to force us to move towards our future when we are too often stuck in a rut that prevents us from fulfilling our destiny and experiencing true liberation.
As I mentioned in the Uranus Member podcast, regardless of our sign (and the life areas ruled by Taurus in our unique charts) this New Moon - and this almost eight year Uranus in Taurus transit - will revolutionize our finances and our income and if we are brave enough to conduct a revolution, will allow us to work in alignment with our values, receive income in a way and from work which aligns with our true values and to receive the value (in terms of financial abundance/material possessions) that reflects our true value and worth.
I mean, I am not kidding any of you when I say that this is all possible and think how exciting this can be for each of us!
But, as always, when opportunity knocks on the door we need to answer it.
When cosmic currents create chapters of change, we need to change ourselves and our lives to benefit from it.
And that is where the tricky part comes in.
But don't worry.
You don't need to make drastic changes right away.
But you do need to sow the seeds of a mini revolution.
A revolution that allows for the evolution of your life as an earthling which aligns with your soul's purpose, your passion and your true north.
This New Moon has the support of Mars (leadership, energy, manifesting ability), Neptune (spirituality, creativity) and Pluto (power, transformation, rebirth).
Over the next lunation (between this New Moon and the next) we have Jupiter trine Neptune bringing so much optimism, creativity, spirituality and goodness our way.
It's a really special time in the cosmos but if you aren't feeling all the feels please don't worry, the dark moon - just before the New Moon - is a peculiar time of emptiness and void, combined with Uranus being at the very end of Aries - called the anaretic, critical degree can make it an energetic time of unease and even angst.
We can work with this too. It's all just energy. Get quiet tonight. Take a bath. Journal.
Read this blog and look at the themes both in terms of the areas of life which Taurus rules in the natural zodiac, but also in terms of the life areas being highlighted for you at the New Moon (see the Soulstrology zodiac guide to Taurus in your chart below which has been set out once again for your ease of reference).
Then I want you to answer the following questions (which I received during my meditation) and I encourage you to answer them before you make your usual New Moon wishlist/set your intentions.
- To what degree do I feel stuck and/or shackled in some way in these areas of life (Taurus in natural zodiac and/or your unique chart)?
- What would freedom/liberation look like to me in these life areas?
- Is there a connection between the life areas ruled by Taurus in my chart and the life areas ruled by Taurus in the natural zodiac? (in other words, is there a link between your work/income/finances/values/self-esteem and the life areas ruled by Taurus in your chart)? Can I create a connection/relationship between these two?
- Where is my self-worth and self-esteem at? Both generally, and in terms of the life areas ruled by Taurus in the natural zodiac and in my chart?
- Am I living in alignment with my true values? In terms of how I make my money, what I do for a living and how I work/my daily lifestyle? Are my values reflected in these areas of life?
- Am I living in alignment with my true values in the areas of life ruled by Taurus in my unique chart? Are my true values, my personal truth and integrity reflected in these areas of life?
- What steps (baby steps, even if in your mind!) can I take towards living a life more aligned with my truth and my values which ultimately liberates me?
Answer these questions over the next couple of days.
Sit with them, meditate and allow yourself to receive inspiration, insights and downloads which help you to set intentions for this lunar cycle but also for the start of this Uranus in Taurus transit.
I include below both the general New Moon Soulstrology Soundbath and a separate guided meditation by me which you might like to listen to over the next couple of days as you tune into the celestial energies and set your intentions for the New Moon and beyond.
Wishing you all an early happy New Moon.
NEW MOON MANTRAS
I trust that aligning with my soul's purpose is the first step to true freedom
I trust that living in alignment with my values will add value to my life in all areas
I take steps to align my professional life with both my soul's purpose and my personal values
I trust that this process of alignment will ultimately bring me freedom - professionally, financially and personally
I use trust and faith as my fuel so if/when I experience disruption and/or chaos I am able to engage faith that such chaos serves a purpose and that liberation and abundance await me
SOULSTROLOGY ZODIAC GUIDE TO NEW MOON IN TAURUS
READ FOR SUN AND RISING SIGN!
- Aries - your income, your possessions, your personal finances, your values (who and what you value in life) and your self-esteem
- Taurus - your identity, the very essence of who you are, how people see you
- Gemini - healing, secrets, your subconscious mind, secret projects, what you keep hidden (including the hidden you) endings and completion
- Cancer - your tribe, friendships, groups you belong to, causes you support, your most cherished hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
- Leo - success, career, ambition, your status, your public legacy
- Virgo - spirituality/religion/higher learning, legal matters, travel, foreign places and people
- Libra - joint projects and finances, merging, transformation that comes through merging
- Scorpio - close partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic (marriage too)
- Sagittarius - your daily lifestyle/routine, service and work, your health - mind/body/soul
- Capricorn - love and romance, children - yours and/or others, fun, self-expression and creativity
- Aquarius - home - who what and where you consider home, family, your childhood, domestic life
- Pisces - your mind, communication, your 'voice' in all formats and related projects, short trips, your siblings, neighbors and local community